Surprise! Sony isn't done with Evolution Studios' (RIP) wonderful PS4 racer quite yet. Today, from gamescom, SIEE (Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe) revealed that Driveclub VR is gearing up to be released as a PlayStation VR launch title. WIth all those wonderful vehicle interiors and superb visuals, it certainly sounds like a great idea.
Of course it's kinda hard to wrap your head around a VR experience from 2D screenshots, but here are a couple showing off some of the visuals you can expect from the game.
Driveclub VR screens:
Check out the announcement at the EU PS Blog or read on.
While we normally like to keep everyone in the Driveclub community up to speed on any developments, we’ve had to keep this one under the hood…until now. So before Gamescom 2016 kicks-off tomorrow and you have the chance to get hands on with the game, we’re very proud to officially announce that Driveclub VR is launching in 2016 exclusively on PlayStation VR.
We’ve been working tirelessly on Driveclub VR for over a year now, to bring you the definitive and most immersive Driveclub experience possible.
We’re passionate about trying to create the most memorable and exhilarating gaming experiences possible, so being given the opportunity to take Driveclub to a more immersive level thanks to VR is really thrilling.
This not only allows players to truly feel the incredible speed, sensation and precision of driving some of the world’s most exotic high performance cars, but also the chance to race against or with one another in a completely new way.
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations
- A closer look: Every car is recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.
Be sure to also visit the PlayStation Gamescom booth to get the first hands on with Driveclub VR and check out the incredible new screenshots. Get ready to jump back behind that wheel!