To spite the dramatic delay and odd launch issues, Evolution Studios is still very much hard at work on Driveclub. It's still one of the very best driving experiences out there this generation, and it sounds like it's about to get a whole lot better thanks to tomorrow's February update.
More DLC is in the pipeline, but the free update adds quite a lot including a new location with 6 new city tracks, a Hardcore handling option, several new club options, and a whole lot of other tweaks and enhancements. You can even use the awesome Photo mode filters while you race.
See the update notes below (from the official Facebook page) along with some screens and art for the DLC and update.
Driveclub – February update/DLC screens:
Are you ready for a new challenge? The Feb 2016 Update for #DRIVECLUB arrives tomorrow!
This update brings 6 new "Scotland – Old Town" tracks to the game for free, along with Hardcore handling, new Elite, Driver & Club Levels & many more improvements based on your feedback.
The update also prepares the game for the addition of the "No Limits" and "Suzuki" Expansions, coming to PlayStation Store on Feb 23rd.
FULL DETAILS OF THIS MONTH’S GAME UPDATE (1.26):
- The newest track “Scotland – Old Town” is here, offering 6 track variants to play across all DRIVECLUB & DRIVECLUB BIKES game modes.
- A new “Hardcore Handling” option is now available, turning off traction control, stability control & other assists. Enable this in Gameplay Settings for a more realistic driving experience.
- Multiplayer Private lobbies have a new 'Photo mode' setting to help you choreograph photos and videos with friends. This disables ghosting, wrong way timers and automated reset to track scenarios.
- Photo mode screen filters can now be enabled outside of photo mode, while you race.
- Photo mode now offers extended Zoom and Exposure settings, plus all settings persist between photo captures during an event.
- Replays have a new option to toggle player tags on and off at any time during the replay when you use the L1 Button..» The Dynamic Precipitation option has been improved to reduce the likelihood of persistent rain.
- 10 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 35).
- 10 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 95) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 25 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 85) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB BIKES now show off 2 awesome new #PS4share community photos.
- Fixed the 'Weekend Warrior' Trophy for DRIVECLUB BIKES. Ranking up the KTM 1290 Super Duke R to Bike Level 15 is now no longer a requirement.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
FEBRUARY STORE UPDATE (ADD-ONS COMING TO PLAYSTATION STORE ON FEBRUARY 23RD WORLDWIDE):
- “No Limits” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new cars: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec II & Honda Civic Type-R..» “Suzuki” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new Bikes: Suzuki GSX-R1000 & Suzuki GSX-S1000 ABS. .
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
The update will be available from Feb 11th. Update size is 0.9GB bringing the total size of all updates combined so far to 13GB.