After a very successful Kickstarter campaign and quite a lot of excitement from fans of the original PlayStation 2 release, Harmonix has announced that Amplitude for the PS4 will officially hit the PlayStation Store on January 5th, 2016 for $19.99.
Those who backed the project via the Kickstarter at the $40 or more tier will actually get it a couple of weeks earlier on December 23rd, 2015.
Check out the intense new launch trailer below and a full tracklist.
Amplitude Launch Trailer:
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. is thrilled to announce that the PlayStation 4 version of Amplitude will be available to download via the PlayStation Network worldwide on January 5th, 2016. The Kickstarter funded reboot of the 2003 PlayStation 2 cult classic will be available for $19.99 and feature over 30 songs, breathtaking visuals, and a concept album approach to its narrative storytelling.
Amplitude features a single player campaign along with competitive and cooperative local multiplayer modes. The campaign is presented in the form of a sci-fi concept album with a narrative that surfaces through the game’s visuals, music, and lyrics. There are also leaderboards available for bragging rights.
The soundtrack includes music crafted by Harmonix’s talented in-house composers, as well as songs from well-known video game composers such as Darren Korb (Transistor), C418 (Minecraft), Danny B (Crypt of the Necrodancer), and Jim Guthrie (Below). The game also features tracks made by backers, including fellow game development studios Insomniac Games (Ratchet & Clank) and the Lab Zero (Skullgirls).
The entire soundtrack is as follows:
- “All The Time” – C418
- “Assault on Psychofortress” – Single White Infidel
- “Astrosight” – Inter:sect Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- “Break for Me” – James Landino Ft. Noelle LeBlanc
- “Concept” – Symbion Project
- “Crazy Ride” – Insomniac Games
- “Crypteque (1-2)” – Danny Baranowsky
- “Crystal” – George & Jonathan
- “Dalatecht” – Harmonix
- “Decode Me” – Inter:sect Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- “Digital Paralysis” – Harmonix
- “Do Not Retreat” – Komputer Kontroller
- “Dreamer” – Harmonix
- “Energize” – Harmonix
- “Entomophobia” – M-Cue
- “Force Quit” – Jim Guthrie
- “Human Love” – Harmonix
- “I.C.U.” Harmonix
- “Impossible” – Darren Korb
- “Lights” – Wolfgun
- “Magpie” – Harmonix
- “Muze (Amplitude Remix)” – Ingrid Lukas, Remix by Patrik Zosso and Nik Bärtsch
- “Perfect Brain” – Harmonix
- “Phantoms” – Freezepop
- “Recession” – Jeff Allen Ft. Noelle LeBlanc & Naoko Takamoto
- “Red Giant” – Kodomo
- “Supraspatial” – Jeff Allen Ft. Naoko Takamoto
- “Synthesized” – Symbion Project
- “Unfinished Business” – Shiohito Taki & Junichi Kamiunten
- “Wayfarer” – Harmonix
- “Wetware” – Harmonix
Kickstarter supporters who backed at the $40 tier or higher do not have to wait until January 5th to get their hands on Amplitude. Those backers will receive the game two weeks earlier, on December 23rd.
PlayStation fans attending PlayStation Experience this weekend will be among the first to play Amplitude. Those who play the game at the booth will receive an exclusive dynamic theme for their PlayStation 4 and an Amplitude trading card. More details can be found inAmplitude’s latest backer update.