Whoa, whoa, whoa… out of nowhere Sony has announced that PS4 remasters of Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain are in the works.
Surprisingly, Beyond: Two Souls is launching next week on November 24th for $29.99 and will feature 1080p visuals and greatly enhanced lighting and effects. The PS4 version will also include the ability to play through the game in chronological order (those who have played the PS3 version should understand why).
Take a look at some screens and the launch trailer for Beyond: Two Souls below.
Beyond: Two Souls launch trailer:
Beyond: Two Souls PS4:
Below is a list of other features and enhancements in the PS4 version.
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order — a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Heavy Rain is still in development and will be launching on March 1st. Those who pick up Beyond: Two Souls PS4 will apparently get a discount for Heavy Rain when it becomes available too. We assume that Heavy Rain will have similar enhancements, so we're definitely looking forward to it as well.