Rockstar Games today has confirmed that the feature will hit both current gen console platforms, for free, in September. They also announced that all 3 versions will receive a number of new features and content for the Rockstar Editor as well. That's a pretty amazing level of support for a game that's been out for quite a while now.
Check out the announcement and some media, below.
Rockstar Editor for GTAV screens:
Next month, the Rockstar Editor officially makes its way to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles as part of the next downloadable update for Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online. This update will also bring with it some new features for the Rockstar Editor that will be available for all three platforms including PC, along with some exciting new gameplay for GTA Online Freemode that we’ll be sharing more about in the coming weeks.
Here's a brief rundown of some of the new features that will debut as part of the next official update:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You'll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits — we're tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.
Stay tuned for more features to be added in later updates as well – and as always, if there’s a feature or change that you’d like to see, please feel free to send it to us at GTAOnline@rockstargames.com where we’re always on the lookout for great suggestions from players to help inform upcoming Title Updates. Also, as mentioned in our announcement of the winner in the #illgottengains contest, the September launch of the Rockstar Editor for PS4 and Xbox One means all three platforms will be in on the action – stay tuned for more info about that and further details about this forthcoming update.