Xbox One owners, the next big Xbox One system software update is now ready to go. Microsoft has announced that they have begun pushing out the August console update which includes a couple of nice perks features such as 3D Blu-ray support, an updated Activity Feed and Friends List, mobile purchase support and more.
Check out the final list of features below along with a video of the update in action.
- Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.
- Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).
- Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
- Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.
- Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.
- Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”
Get more with Xbox One.
Introducing Xbox One. Where the best games, multiplayer, and your favorite movies, music, sports, and live TV come together in one place. Xbox One games look and feel incredibly real, with cinematic gameplay that rivals Hollywood. Watch TV or chat with friends on Skype while you play, and keep on playing while smarter matchmaking happens behind the scenes. With Xbox One, you can snap two things side-by-side on your TV, and switch from one to another instantly. Cloud-powered and built for the digital age, Xbox One is designed to keep getting better over time.*
Xbox One delivers an all-new gaming and entertainment experience that will transform how you play. Xbox One brings together the best games, the most reliable service and rich entertainment all-in-one system that is built for today and tomorrow.
The best games.
The best multiplayer and service.
Games plus entertainment.
Built for the future.
Get the facts.
Play Xbox One games online or offline.
Your Xbox One does not need to be connected for you to enjoy offline features of games. In fact, you can take the Xbox One anywhere and play any disc-based Xbox One game on it. The only times you need an online connection are for initial set-up of Xbox One, and to get the latest system and title updates before you start playing some games.
Share, trade-in, resell, gift, & rent game discs to your heart's content.
Use Xbox One's disc-based games just like you do today. There are no limitations to using and sharing them: it works like it does today on Xbox 360. If you'd rather get your games digitally, you can purchase from Xbox Live and get instant access to playing.
Play anywhere with your own Xbox Live Gold account.
A single Xbox Live Gold membership works across both Xbox One and Xbox 360 – your membership covers both. And you can log into a friend’s Xbox One and access all your downloadable games, preferences, and apps.
You control your privacy.
You decide how personalized Xbox One is to you and your family, including privacy settings, manual or automatic sign-in, and how data is used. And when you play games or enjoy apps that use sensitive personal data, such as videos, photos, and facial expressions, no one except you can access it, without your express permission.
Kinect or Controller: There are a variety of ways to interact with Xbox One.
Depending on the game or app, you can control Xbox One using voice commands and gestures, a controller, a remote control or your Xbox One SmartGlass device. It is designed to interact with you in multiple ways. (Kinect sold separately with $399 console.)
Your Gamertag and Gamerscore follow you to Xbox One.
No need to worry: you can bring your Xbox Live Gamertag and Gamerscore with you to Xbox One. Your Gamerscore will be automatically updated once you have connected to Xbox Live.
Communicate with Xbox Live Gold friends using messaging or Skype.
With Xbox One and an Xbox Live Gold membership, you can use Skype to voice chat with any platform that supports it. If Skype isn't supported (like on the Xbox 360), you'll still be able to see which of your friends is online and message them.
Your NFL on Xbox One.
With Xbox One, step into the huddle and experience the NFL in an all-new light—where you are at the center of your NFL world. With the NFL on Xbox One, stay connected to all the latest NFL news, video highlights and stories around-the-clock, and keep tabs on live stats and scores from around the league. Personalize your experience to follow all the latest from your favorite team, and with built-in NFL.com Fantasy Football you can even keep tabs on your Fantasy points in real-time while watching live TV broadcast games.**
All your NFL, all the time.
The NFL on Xbox One brings together the best of NFL.com, NFL Fantasy, and NFL Network all together on your TV in an integrated way. Get all the latest news from around the League, customize your highlights based on your favorite team, and track real-time scores and stats on Sunday.**
Fantasy Football on your TV.
NFL Fantasy Football comes to life on your TV with Xbox One, allowing you to manage your team and track your League in your living room like never before. Built-in NFL.com Fantasy allows you to set your lineup, watch highlights from your players or prospects, and even receive real-time scoring updates as you track your games on Sunday. Snap your Fantasy next to live TV or gaming and never miss a scoring update again.**
Personalized for your favorite team.
Personalize the My Team channel so that it follows all the stories, video highlights, stats, standings, and news from just your favorite team and its players. Watch all the highlights from over the weekend, or get ready for next week's game with tailored news segments and a curated Twitter feed. It's the best of your NFL team, all in one place on your TV.**
What's in the Box
* Advanced TV hardware required. Games, add-ons and media content sold separately. Initial set-up and some games and features require broadband internet; ISP fees apply. Online multiplayer, Skype and some features also require Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) and/or additional requirements. See xbox.com/xboxone.
** The NFL on Xbox One, including NFL.com Fantasy Football, requires advanced TV hardware, broadband internet, and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). To view NFL Network content users must have a television service provider that carries the NFL Network channel. Additional requirements may apply for some features. See xbox.com/live.
Source : Major Nelson