As for new eShop titles, the Wii U has both Jett Tailfin and Shut the Box this week, and that's about it.
Read on for all the rest of the content and start your downloading.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Super Mario Kart – Hit the road with your favorite characters in the first game of the iconic Mario Kart series. Super Mario Kart first launched on the Super NES in Japan on Aug. 27, 1992, and is releasing now on the Virtual Console in celebration of the game’s upcoming 22nd anniversary. The classic game offers crazy tracks that will test your gears in two single-player modes and three multiplayer modes. Use power-ups and gain the advantage to finish in first place. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Mega Man 5 – Every Thursday in August, Nintendo and Capcom are bringing classic Mega Man games to the Virtual Console on the Wii U system. This week is NES classic Mega Man 5. In the fifth chapter of the original Mega Man series, the battle is closer to home as Mega Man fights to save the world from further destruction. Gain the advantage by picking up items and successfully defeating bosses to gain their weapons as your own. Get ready for 13 stages of intense action-platforming before fighting against Proto Man. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Cybernator – In the year 2065 AD, the nations of Earth have split into two major powers: the Axis and the Federation. In this awesome Super NES action game, complete mission objectives as the fight spans across Earth, the moon and the vast expanse of space. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Update for Steel Diver: Sub Wars – The latest update for Steel Diver: Sub Wars is here. Premium-version players get new local Friend Battle stages, new unlockable subs and crew, and new features that make it even easier to battle online with friends. The free version now allows players to purchase subs and use a single-play coin to battle online.
- Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- The Mysterious Murasame Castle – Remember Takamaru’s Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land for Wii U? That fun game is based onThe Mysterious Murasame Castle. For the first time ever, the classic 1986 game is coming to North America. Play as young samurai apprentice Takamaru and infiltrate four castles before making your way to Murasame Castle. Use sword and shuriken attacks against swarms of enemies and unlock the secret behind the source of evil. Click here to view some game play.
- Double Dragon II – Aug. 14 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Life Force – Aug. 21 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
Nintendo eShop Sales
- UFO Interactive Games – Johnny Impossible, Samurai Sword Destiny, Zombie Slayer Diox and additional UFO Interactive games are on sale starting on Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. PT until Sept. 2 at 9 a.m. PT in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Bear Box Media – Internal Invasion is reduced from $4.99 to $1.99 until 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 8 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Also new this week: