Ubisoft today announced that Tetris Ultimate, the newest installment in the popular long-running puzzler franchise, will also be dropping onto the Nintendo 3DS later this year alongside the PS Vita version.
The 3DS version sounds more or less the same as the rest, though it'll feature an exclusive single player challenge mode not available on the other platforms.
The game was originally announced for the PS4, Xbox One and PC for a release sometime this summer.
Read on for details for the 3DS version along with some screens.
Today, Ubisoft announced that the evolution of the world’s most loved puzzle game will be available for Nintendo 3DS this fall. In addition to delivering six exciting modes, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS also includes an exclusive single-player Challenge mode that will put any player’s determination to the test.
With fun features and unique visuals, Tetris Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS allows 1–4 players to face off in seven different game modes:
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups. Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Challenge – From disappearing Tetriminos (Tetris playing pieces) to orientation-locked Tetriminos, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will test a player’s fortitude.
Real-time worldwide leaderboards add to the fervor and competition among friends to see who the best-of-the-best Tetris Ultimate players really are.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this summer for the first time on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and this fall on PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system and Windows PC.
The Wii UTM console, and Nintendo 3DSTM systems offer exciting downloadable games, applications and entertainment once you connect your game system to the Internet*. You can purchase both retail and download-only games, free demos, and applications to enhance your experience. These prepaid cards can be redeemed on any Wii U console Nintendo eShop or Nintendo 3DS Nintendo eShop-so get connected and start downloading today*. For more info about Nintendo games and systems, check out http://www.nintendo.com.