The Xbox One version is set to launch on July 31st, with single tables costing from $2.49 to $2.99, and $9.99 for table packs. There's a bit of good news and bad news however.
The good: Pinball FX2 is running at 1080p at 60fps, is totally free to download and includes the Sorcerer's Lair table free of charge. Also good news: There will be playable demos of all the tables, so player can try before they buy.
The bad news: If you already bought and own the tables on the Xbox 360 you'll have to repurchase them for the Xbox One since apparently there's no sort of cross-buy system available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One content.
Read on for the day one table availability list and details, or stop by the Zen blog for additional info.
Pinball FX2 launch day table library:
- Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within – Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
- Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force – Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
- Star Wars Pinball Original pack – Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
- Doctor Strange
- Zen Classics – Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
- Pinball FX2 Core pack – Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
- Marvel Civil War
- Plants VS. Zombies
- Marvel Pinball pack – Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
- Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
- Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
- Epic Quest
- Sorcerer’s Lair
- Captain America
- Fantastic Four
- Earth Defense
Press release below.
Zen Studios, makers of the hit Pinball FX and CastleStorm franchises, announced today that Pinball FX2, their beloved pinball platform, will make its debut on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program on July 31. Pinball FX2 will arrive as a free download on Xbox One with nearly the entire Pinball FX2 library available on day one, including all Star Wars Pinball table packs, all Marvel Pinball tables, Plants vs. Zombies Pinball, and Zen’s original tables available for purchase, with future tables, including The Walking Dead Pinball, just on the horizon.
Pinball FX2 brings all the pinball action for which the franchise is known into the next-generation with 1080p graphics at 60 frames per second, worldwide tournaments, new achievements, and a slick new menu interface. Additionally, downloading Pinball FX2 on Xbox One nets you the Sorcerer’s Lair table for free.
“With the release of Pinball FX2 on Xbox One, we have closed the loop and can now offer our fans a complete virtual pinball experience, regardless of their system preference,” said Mel Kirk, VP of Publishing at Zen Studios. “We’ve got a lot of great things planned for the newest generation of consoles when it comes to pinball, so stay tuned for some awesome new stuff from Zen Studios.”
Prices for tables range between $2.49 and $2.99 for single tables, and $9.99 for table packs, available from the Xbox Games Store. For more information and assets for Pinball FX2 and Zen’s library of games, please visit http://blog.zenstudios.com.