Wii U owners can now enjoy some of the fruits of Nintendo's labor with a new system update which introduces a GamePad Quick Start Menu, the ability to download and install system software in standby mode, and an improved notification system among other fixes and features.
If you haven't already, get it downloaded and check it out.
Official details from Nintendo below.
A new system update is now available for Nintendo’s Wii U home console, introducing changes that enhance the user experience. The most notable change is the addition of a Quick Start Menu for the Wii U GamePad controller. After the update has been downloaded, users starting Wii U with the GamePad controller can view the Quick Start Menu, which displays the icons of the 10 most-used games and applications as the system starts up. Users can then select the game or software they want to launch and it will load simultaneously during the Wii U start-up sequence.
Some additional changes include:
- An improved user setting and selection experience.
- System updates can now be downloaded and installed when the Wii U console is in standby mode.
- Full-screen alerts and notifications can be displayed on the GamePad controller, even if the system is in standby mode. These notifications will tell Wii U owners about new updates, game releases and promotions from Nintendo. Users can adjust how they receive these notifications.
- Easier Nintendo Network ID setup for new users.
- Notifications can now be accessed from the Home Menu as well as the Wii U Menu.
For more information about the system update, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/system-update.