Today, to celebrate the upcoming 10th anniversary of the franchise, they revealed Samurai Warriors 4 for the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
The game certainly sounds like the Samurai Warriors we have grown to love, so expect a whole lot more tactical action with 50+ playable characters, new battle modes, Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality among all three PS platforms and more.
Take a look at the first screens/trailer and read on for the press release.
Samurai Warriors 4 trailer:
Samurai Warriors 4 screens:
TECMO KOEI America today announced that SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment systems and PS Vita system, and is scheduled for release on October 21, 2014. SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 is celebrating 10 years of the tactical action WARRIORS brand that has sold over 34 million units worldwide, in addition to the franchise’s first-ever appearance on new generation systems with its launch on PlayStation 4. SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 will be on display at the E3 2014, within the Sony Computer Entertainment America booth located in the West Hall, #4522.
Since its original announcement in 2013, fans have been clamoring for information about SAMURAI WARRIORS 4. Now a new chapter of the saga unfolds with more than 50 playable warriors to choose from, devastating new attacks and exciting new modes creating an entirely new SAMURAI WARRIORSexperience in stunning HD resolutions. Today, the company also revealed an early look at the opening trailer and a special Anime trailer, along with screenshots highlighting the game on PlayStation 4.
- 55 New and Updated Characters— Nobuyuki Sanada and Yoshitsugu Otani join the fray, along with Takatora Todo, Naotora Ii and Munenori Yagyu previously only available in Japanese releases of SAMURAI WARRIORS along with major overhauls of appearance and rearrangements in battle moves for fan-favorite characters such as Yukimura Sanada and Nobunaga Oda adding to the diverse range of more than 50 playable characters
- Disseminate the Enemy Ranks— Battles are more thrilling than ever with new maneuvers including Hyper Attacks which allow for rapid moment on the battlefield combined with high powered attacks, a powerful Rage Attack which can be reached when the Spirit Gauge is full, deadly finishing moves with Mighty Strikes and the ability to mount and dismount horses seamlessly, additionally existing moves have all been powered up from their previous iterations
- New Battle Modes— Enhancements and newly implemented gameplay systems create a deeper and more satisfying combat experience, including the all-new ability to switch between two characters in real-time, adjustments to morale, Officer development and the return of the popular portable item system found inSAMURAI WARRIORS 3 are just some of the features players will find to gain the advantage in combat
- Unfold the rich tapestry of the Warring States era— The Story Mode portrays the tales surrounding the battles by faction, deepening the relationships between characters and is separated into two parts, regional stories, which tell the tales of the officers of various regions around the land such as Kyūshū and Shikoku, and the story of unification, which details events up to the end of the Warring States era
- Leave a mark on history— In the new “Chronicle Mode”, while completing various quests, meeting new officers and collecting items, players discover the world of SAMURAI WARRIORS through their own design with more ways to customize than ever before including a vastly upgraded Create Character system
- Living World— PlayStation 4 players will experience an even more engaging saga with highly detailed landscapes and breathtaking skies that reflect true to life lighting and shadow effects and battlegrounds packed with significantly more enemies on screen
- Cooperative Play and Cross Save functionality— All modes can be played cooperatively via Network Play across the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita system, additionally save data can be shared across all three systems
SAMURAI WARRIORS 4 is developed by Omega Force and published in North America by TECMO KOEI America. The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will be available exclusively through the PlayStation Store for $49.99 (PS3) and $39.99 (PS Vita) respectively and the PlayStation 4 will be available for $59.99. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.