Microsoft is like in fast-forward mode when it comes to releasing new features for the Xbox One at the moment. In the knock down, drag out fight for your living room, every little improvement helps… right?
Well the latest Xbox One system update, due up in July, will circle back on Achievements and those who love to unlock them. The big new feature slated to launch next month is a Snap Mode for Achievements. Want to see how you're doing, Achievement-wise, in the game you're currently playing… as you're playing? Well this latest snappable panel will do just that. You can even get help on unlocking Achievements via a handy-dandy help icon alongside each item.
Check out the Achievement Snap feature in action via the embedded video below, and read on for more of the features in development.
- Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.