Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is currently slated for an fall 2014 release, digitally and at retail for the PS4 and Xbox One versions, and only digitally for the PS3/PS Vita. In addition to new characters, the game will feature new online experiences, Cross-Save and Cross-Play support for PlayStation systems, and new gameplay modes.
We're not quite sure why they don't just announce a Warriors Orochi 4 at this point, but we assume that's in the works too.
Read on for the announcement.
TECMO KOEI America today announced that WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 computer entertainment systems, PS Vita and Xbox One. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate marks the tactical action series’ first launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide.
Fans will experience WARRIORS OROCHI 3 in a brand new light as they enter the fray with the implementation of new generation console features, new storylines and scenarios. There is enough new gameplay content and depth of replayability to satisfy warriors of all levels including special cross over characters such as Sophitia from the SOULCALIBUR series and battle stages from ATELIER, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS. The next evolution of the OROCHI universe, WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate, awaits fans this fall 2014.
New Features in WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate:
- One Warrior against a Thousand Battles— Densely populated battlefields with up to 100 enemies on screen, each with progressive AI add to the exhilarating battle, amplified by new moves including Aerial Special attacks, Triple Rush (a system which allows the player the ability to switch between individual characters or unleash attacks as a party of 3 and True Musou Burst, the powerful finishing move executable by up to 6 characters
- New and Crossover characters— The legion of warriors is larger than ever with 145 playable characters including the introduction of Abe Seimei and Shennong, just 2 of 9 that are new to the series, cameos include Xu Shu from the DYNASTY WARRIORS franchise and Rachel from NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 with more to be announced including the Atelier and SAMURAI WARRIORS series
- Captivating Lands and Stages— Lands and battlefields are dramatically rendered drawing from the dark, sinister imagery in the OROCHI series totaling 51 distinct stages with cross-over stages melding universes including Atelier, DYNASTY WARRIORS, NINJA GAIDEN Sigma 2 and SAMURAI WARRIORS, furthermore, Musuo Battlefields allow for customization including character models and battle cries
- The mythology of the OROCHI universe expands— A new main storyline brings the heroes together again after the death of the Demon Snake as they are called upon by a mysterious stone to return to the chaotic din of battle. Additionally, new side stories provide a multitude of new scenarios and uncover secrets, the story extends with the ability to battle from a different point of view or even “what if” hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world
- Gameplay modes— Adding to both Online and Offline competition, new modes include Duel Mode, a fusion of team battles (up to 3 vs 3) and card battles, Craft Weapons function to alchemy even more powerful weapons, Officer Requesting and Summoning, Formation Skills and Dragon Portals that can be used to escape the battlefields, weaken enemies or recover party members Life Gauge
- Share experiences Online— PS4 system players will be able to capture screenshots and live stream, share and see live comments which can impact either players’ games or co-op in Story mode, Free Mode and the new Gauntlet Mode
- Cross-Play and Cross Save functionality— Co-op, data sharing and saving, and save data is now possible between PS3 system, PS4 system and PS Vita system versions, including save data importing of the original WARRIORS OROCHI 3 on PlayStation 3
WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate is developed by Omega Force and published in North America by TECMO KOEI America. The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will be available exclusively through the PlayStation Store for $49.99 (PS3) and $39.99 (PS Vita) respectively and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be available for $59.99. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.