Let's be honest… other than UI navigation and voice commands, Kinect has been somewhat of a bust when it comes to Xbox One gaming so far.
Microsoft and Rare are thankfully still hard at work on Kinect Sports Rivals though, so if you're looking to get involved in some motion controlled, next generation Kinect action, you'll get your chance soon.
Today we get a new look at the game in the form of a trailer, screens and new game details from the Xbox Wire site.
Take a look at the media below along with the details.
Kinect Sports Rivals: Free Your Inner Competitor trailer:
Kinect Sports Rivals screens:
Kinect Sports Rivals is set for an April 8th release. Read on.
The “Kinect Sports Rivals” launch is just around the corner and Rare is kicking up the competition with all-new features and gameplay. From Power-Ups to Experience Points, these elements are utilized to put you and your Champion – a stylized, digital “super you” that lives in the Cloud and plays against your friends at the level you do – ahead of the game. Be sure to check out the video above to learn how Rare is bringing a new level of competition to “Kinect Sports Rivals.”
Before you take on your friends, rivals, and the entire world on April 8, learn about the new “Kinect Sports Rivals” features below and get ready to smash the competition.
- Champions: Rare’s exclusive scanning technology plots 86 points on your face, scans your skin color and hair color to create your Champion, an awesome, stylized version of you, to use in-game. After your face and body are scanned, your Champion will appear on screen and you will have the opportunity to customize it to look even more like you or individualize it to express yourself in a unique way. This is next-gen character creation only possible with the Xbox One.
- Power-Ups: No self-respecting Champion would enter an event unarmed – every sport has a selection of equipment that bestows a variety of Power-Ups. Some magnify your abilities, some hinder your opponents, and others protect you from attack. Remember to choose your Power-Up wisely before entering each sport, as your choice will accompany your Champion when it appears in other players’ matches, even when you aren’t online.
- Coins and Experience Points: The only way to gain coins is by competing in events, with a higher pay-out awarded based on your final position. Compete and earn coins to be able to purchase new equipment and kits from the in-game store. Additionally, you can earn Experience Points, or XP, in each sport. The more you please the crowd, the faster you’ll break through XP levels and gain access to more prestigious items. If you accumulate enough XP, you can unlock advanced challenges, like new wake racing circuits, climbing routes, and much more.
- Level Up and Fans: Each of the six sports gives you the ability to level up and become an elite Champion for that sport. As you level up, you will gain access to unique outfits and equipment. The equipment gives you more impactful Power-Ups to give you the best advantage over your rivals. Every victory you have adds to your fame, which gives you more and more fans. The fans you win over in your living room will follow you as you go online to battle for ultimate Champion glory.
- Xbox Live: The new Xbox Live for Xbox One gives incredible access to Cloud-powered computing. Your Champion will play on your behalf using your skill level and your play style if you are not online. Of course, you can also play with your friends when you are both online, just like you are in the living room together.
All of this is wrapped in an ever-evolving world where new outfits, equipment, challenges and team-based competition are delivered in ongoing updates.
“Kinect Sports Rivals” will be available exclusively on Xbox One on April 8, 2014 in North America, Australia and New Zealand, and on April 11, 2014 in Europe, and you can still pre-order “Kinect Sports Rivals!” Whether you are looking to tackle the new sports – climbing, wake racing and target shooting – or experience the re-imagined fan favorites – soccer, tennis and bowling – the power of Xbox One and the new Kinect will deliver next-gen motion sports gameplay like never before.