Warner Bros. Interactive and Monolith Productions have taken a few more wraps off of their dark new Tolkien-inspired action title, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.
Middle-earth is ripe for an ass-kicking, story driven experience, so it seems just about the right time to unleash such a game. It's still hard to tell how Shadow of Mordor will play, but we're suspecting there will be a bit of God of War-style gameplay in there somewhere.
Check out a few new screens (and art) along with some details for each of them.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor screens/art:
- Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
- Set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, throwing the region into turmoil.
- Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players’ actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.
- Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.
- A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player's strategy.
About the game:
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dark story of retribution as players will assume the role of Talion, a ranger who loses everything on the night of Sauron's return to Mordor. As Talion's personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
With a dynamic next-gen game environment powered by the Nemesis System, players orchestrate their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will; ensuring a unique experience to all players. Every enemy players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses.
Enemy encounters create personal archenemies specific to every gameplay session. Players must outthink each distinctively different enemy to infiltrate the ranks and dominate within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their actions and choices.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC.
You are Talion, a Ranger of the Black Gate, keeping watch over Mordor which has remained undisturbed for ages. In the blink of an eye, everything is taken from you - your friends, your family, and even your own life. Resurrected by a vengeful spirit, you must now embark on a relentless vendetta against those who have wronged you. Fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle in Middle-earth.
Talion is resurrected by a powerful Wraith and he has reforged him as an undying spirit of vengeance
The Wraith is a mysterious spirit that possesses Talion. His motivations are unknown.
The Dark Lord Sauron claims Middle-earth as his rightful dominion.
Uruk Captains oversee Sauron's Army, construction, craft battle plans, and enforce discipline.
The common Caragor is vicious, disgusting, and a relentless killing machine.
Graugs are a beast of destruction. They're feral beasts, naturally combative and highly territorial.
Grow your army and dominate the Uruk soldiers of Sauron’s Army to build your own, using the power of the Wraith. Your power begets followers, willing or otherwise, and they will follow you or fall. Mordor’s wildlife has been forged in an unforgiving environment, ensuring only the strongest survive. Using the power of the Wraith, swift Caragors and mighty Graugs will become yours as well. A land of shadow and the home of the Second Dark Lord of Middle-earth, Sauron, Mordor beckons to spirits and calls dark things to its twisted heart. It is home to many monstrous creatures, among them Caragors, Graugs; monsters neither the Uruks nor their Dark Lord have tamed. Its burning heart, Mount Doom currently lays dormant.
- The valley of Udûn is a harsh and unaccommodating land used primarily as a way-station for armies with ambitions to breach Mordor or attack from it. The sprawling land was once populated by Gondorian Outcasts but is now commanded by the Uruks.
- Atypical for Mordor, the Sea of Núrnen lies hundreds of miles deep past its borders and is a lush, green landscape that Sauron is using to feed his growing war machine. Subjugated slaves are tilling the fields and fishing the sea to keep the Uruk hordes fed.
- A land of shadow and the home of the Second Dark Lord of Middle-earth, Sauron, Mordor beckons to spirits and calls dark things to its twisted heart. It is home to many monstrous creatures, among them Caragors, Graugs; monsters neither the Uruks nor their Dark Lord have tamed. Its burning heart, Mount Doom currently lays dormant.
|List Price:||$59.99 USD|
|New From:||$59.99 USD In Stock|
|Used from:|| Out of Stock|
This title will be released on November 18, 2014.