Along with the gameplay updates and improvements, players can score a new Zack Island stage for free as well. As for paid DLC, the Island-themed Swimsuit Packs are now available to download as well for $4.99 a piece. If you are a PS3 owner, all of these updates and purchased content will apply to the upcoming PS Vita version of DOA5+ as well.
Check out some new media from the update and keep reading for all the details.
Dead or Alive 5 – Zack Island & DLC trailer:
Dead or Alive 5 – Zack Island & DLC screens:
Team NINJA today revealed that the 1.03 update for DEAD OR ALIVE 5, the next generation of DOA combat, contains a wealth of new content including a free new island stage, gameplay updates and improvements, and three new DLC packs featuring stunning new swimsuit collections to take full advantage of the new Zack Island tropical island setting. The 1.03 update is available now on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on January 29th.
- This fresh new stage is set on a lush tropical island with clear blue sea and white sandy beaches—the perfect place to escape winter doldrums!
- Battles take place on a large beach and can carry into the waves of the neighboring sea
- The sea water is a “slip zone” where characters are more vulnerable to lower body attacks, which can stagger opponents
- Now players can enjoy seaside battles with new moves such as Bayman’s Death Punisher
- Tropical items such as coconuts can fall from trees when shaken or hit during battles, so watch out for falling objects!
GENERAL UPDATES IN 1.03
- Combat balance adjustments and new fighting moves
- Online gameplay adjustments and improvements
- Updated content and movie upload functions
- General updates based on player feedback
- In-depth details of the 1.03 update are available for viewing at: http://teamninja-studio.com/teamninja/doa5/us/patch.html
NEW ISLAND-THEMED SWIMSUIT DLC PACKS
- Hotties Swimwear Pack 1 features new swimsuits for Kasumi, Kokoro, Helena, and Sarah
- Pack 2 features swimwear for Hitomi, Leifang, Mila, and Pai
- Pack 3 features swimming outfits for Ayane, Christie, Tina, and Lisa
- Available for download today on the PlayStation Store and via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 on January 29th, each pack will cost $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points, while all three packs may be purchased in a money-saving bundle for $12.99 / 1040 Microsoft Points.
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 features a wealth of martial arts fighting techniques to create a captivating new generation of DEAD OR ALIVE combat. Players take on the roles of the legendary cast of DOA fighters in an action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DEAD OR ALIVE hand-to-hand combat unfolds in new 3D stages that dynamically change as the fight progresses. DEAD OR ALIVE 5 was developed by Team NINJA and published by Tecmo Koei.
All DEAD OR ALIVE 5 content for PlayStation 3, including DLC items, will be compatible with the upcoming DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS game for PlayStation Vita, giving players a seamless DOA5 experience across console and handheld platforms while delivering maximum value.
Dead or Alive 5 - Complete package - PlayStation 3