Square Enix today sent over the very first PS3 shots along with new gameplay details for their impressive new Final Fantasy XIV installment, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Forget all about the Final Fantasy XIV you knew before… this is the Final Fantasy MMO that should hopefully get fans interested again.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is headed to the PS3 and PC sometime in the near future, though it does not have solid release date for North America yet.
Read on for screens along with new details from Square Enix.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 screens:
The accompanying screenshots show an action bar with 16 total slots; of which, the left 8 can be accessed by pressing the L2 button, and the right 8 with the R2. The corresponding 8 slots are mapped to the controller’s directional pad, along with the circle, x, triangle, and square buttons. Players can set up to 8 action bars, and cycle through them by pressing both the L2 and R2 buttons.
Additionally, the screenshots demonstrate that massively multiplayer online games can now have the rich and detailed graphics that define FINAL FANTASY — across a range of system specifications.
New artwork revealed today:
- Amon – One of the optional bosses from FINAL FANTASY IIII making a return appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Leviathan – A Summon that first appeared in FINAL FANTASY II, the giant sea serpent has appeared throughout the series
- Odin – A Summon that first appeared in FINAL FANTASY III, the powerful knight has appeared in all subsequent series titles
- Skilled Chocobos – As part of the pet breeding aspect of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, Chocobos can be raised with focus on different skills like healing, attacking and using magic.
- Level 40 Dungeon – First reveal of various planned dungeons within FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Embark on the myriad journeys of an epic in FINAL FANTASY XIV, the revolutionary MMORPG from Square Enix. As denizens of the new and visually stunning realm of Eorzea, players will actively engage in compelling storylines narrated through high-definition, real-time events featuring the players’ own highly personalized and versatile characters. While exploring even the farthest reaches of this magnificent world, adventurers are given the freedom to entirely alter their gameplay experience by simply swapping out equipment, and realize objectives with or without the aid of others. The entire experience is crafted to accommodate the widest variety of play styles - from the lone mercenary with only moments a day to spare, to the legion of comrades campaigning for days on end, and every combination in between. Join players from around the world in an adventure of infinite possibilities.