Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 has a wide variety of apps and content these days, from streaming video and TV, to sports apps, to interactive election hubs. But this latest app is presumably the first of its kind. L'Oréal, the beauty, style and makeup company, has teamed up Lucky Magazine and Makeup.com to launch The Next Level app which is described as a "a L'Oréal beauty and style destination".
This app gives consumers access to an events calendar, beauty recommendations, deals, videos and how-to content, and more.
Continue reading for the announcement with more details, or head on over to Xbox Live to check it out.
L'Oréal USA announced today the launch of The Next Level—a L'Oréal beauty and style destination on Xbox LIVE that will serve as a one-stop beauty and style hub for women. Consumers will have the ability to uniquely tailor their Next Level experience through a customization engine that serves content in a manner to suit each user's individual taste. Designed and created with interactive solutions from BrightLine, this ever-evolving destination will offer how-to videos, articles, and product-centric interactive features showcasing the latest in style, entertainment and beauty – all brought to audiences by L'Oréal brands and key editorial partners Lucky Magazine and Makeup.com.
Key highlights include:
- Custom utilities like a personalized event calendar, shopping list, weather-based beauty recommendations, and redemption center-where rewards earned through interaction can be traded for tangible branded offers
- Beauty product recommendations aligned with curated fashion looks
- Vast library of unique how-to content and video tutorials
- The ability to browse products, share on Facebook, and even initiate product purchase- all within the destination
- Peer-to-peer and expert-to-peer conversation forums to share tips, tricks, and opinions
- First ever currency system that rewards users for interaction
- “With more content and women on Xbox LIVE than ever before, we see this as a tremendous opportunity for L’Oréal USA. We wanted to connect with this rapidly growing audience and combine their passion for entertainment and beauty into one seamless personalized experience” said Esohe Omoruyi, VP Digital Marketing L’Oreal USA.
“We realized immediately that L’Oreal was the perfect partner to create a seamless beauty, lifestyle, and experience on the Xbox. The result is designed to connect with viewers in all the ways we know L’Oreal already has in the retail world. It represents a new kind of brand evangelism and engagement” said Jacqueline Corbelli, Co-founder, Chairman and CEO, BrightLine.