Even though it was essentially a Super Mario Bros. clone/hack, the original Great Giana Sisters is a game that many former Amiga and Commodore 64 owners find dear and near to their hearts. When a Project Giana Kickstarter campaign went over extremely well thanks to fan support and contributions, Black Forest Games moved forward with what has now become Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams officially has a worldwide October 23rd PC release date, a brand new trailer, and confirmation of an XBLA and PSN version for early 2013.
If you're one of those long time Giana fans or are looking for some interesting platforming action, you should definitely be excited.
Check out the new media below and read on for the official announcement.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams trailer:
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams screens:
Germany based independent game studio Black Forest Games announces their upcoming platformer GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS will be available worldwide on PC (Windows) on October 23rd, 2012.
GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS is the official title for the indie platformer with a twist. The game had been recently funded with a successful Kickstarter campaign totaling over $190,000 ($40,000 over the initial goal). Originally titled Project Giana, the community was asked to decide between three proposals for the games’ title. With 76% of the votes GIANA SISTERS: TWISTED DREAMS was the clear favorite.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is a challenging fast-paced platformer with a twist. Players can warp Giana’s dream into a nightmarish world of wonder, changing her abilities and interactions. Players must use their skills, speed, brains, and powers to defeat the dangers that populate her twisted dreams!
Cute Giana moves with speed and grace, twirling past hazards and adversaries with a light touch and gentle heart. With a quick morph her punk side comes out to play, full of raw attitude and a powerful dash to crush obstacles that block her way!
Key features of the final game will include:
- Powerful Abilities: Giana moves through the dream according to her desires and mood. When confronted, she can hammer past or drift on by. You make the call.
- Intuitive Controls and Smooth Gameplay: Controlling Giana is a breeze, but you’ll eventually need every trick in her arsenal to defeat the cunning trials ahead.
- Amazing Worlds: Giana’s dream worlds leap off the screen with gorgeous 3D graphics and the fantastic alterations of the morph!
- Tons of Cool Interactions: As Giana changes, so does the world around her. Fly with bubblegum, ride conveyor belts, power along with repeaters, hop on springs, and even more.
- Legendary Soundtrack with Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!
- Explore and Discover: There are 16 rich levels across 3 distinct worlds, each transforming into the two dream worlds. Giana’s dreams are abound with secret locations.
- Epic Boss Battles: Gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s most terrifying nightmares are here to play too. Seriously, these guys are just plain brutal!