Zen has also confirmed that a mystery, PopCap themed table (it better be Peggle!) will launch alongside Zen Pinball 2 and will also be made available for Pinball FX2 for the Xbox 360 one day later.
Read on for all the details.
Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation 3 system and PlayStation Vita system will release on September 4, 2012 via PlayStation Network.
Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Pinball FX2 on September 5, 2012.
Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.
Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle players to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions at no additional charge.
Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:
- PlayStation 3 system and PlayStation Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table